产业发展的推动者 ● 城市更新的建设者
Pudong New Area is located in the east of Shanghai, on the east edge of the Yangtze River Delta. Named because of its location on the east of Huangpu River. It borders the Yangtze River estuary to the east, Fengxian and Minhang districts to the south, and Xuhui, Huangpu, Hongkou, Yangpu and Baoshan districts to the west and Baoshan across the river.
▲The Sancha Port Ferry has a history of more than 380 years and is the first ferry across the Pujiang River. Tomorrow, during the Qi period, Xiaobangkou Ferry will be set up at Miaogang Port (outside the present Paotaibang Village). Because Zhao Xun ordered the Lishi Ferry, it was also called Zhaogongdu, and the opposite river was Yangjiazui (now Wusong Town Wai Pao Taiwan). In the eleventh year of Emperor Yongzheng in the Qing Dynasty, Gaoqiao collapsed from the east to the west, and the ferry facilities moved southwest to outside of Gaoqiao Town and became Jiebangdu; part of it moved northwest to the Cao'an Temple and became Zhangjiabangdu, also known as Cao'andu. In 1909, Zhangjiabang ferry moved to the new wharf after Dingjiabang. Lanterns, candles, umbrellas, etc. are available for rent at the ferry, and guests from afar can also eat and stay. The opposite bank of the ferry is Wusong Wharf. In 1912, Zhangjiabang ferry port moved westward to Sancha Port and became the current Sancha Port ferry. In 2001, the local government rebuilt the Sancha Port Ferry.
Lingqiao Town Old Street
▲Lingqiao Town is located in the northernmost part of Pudong. There is a Lingjia wooden bridge in the town. The town is named after the bridge. In the early Qing Dynasty, the northwest of Lingqiao Town was still a river beach with reeds. With the accumulation of mud and sand, the poor and local farmers who fled from famine began to encircle the polder to build their fields. At that time, there was a wealthy family named Ling in Beiling's house in Gaoqiao Town. He took the opportunity to collect polder fields in this area and built a courtyard with seven halls and three-bedroom houses as the Ling's warehouse (now Lingqiao Village Warehouse Bang). Pile and store the rented rice and miscellaneous grains. There is a Chuanxin River between Beiling's house and Ling's warehouse, which is extremely inconvenient. In order to facilitate the collection and transportation of grain, the Ling family built a small wooden bridge over the river in the eleventh year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1861), which was called the Ling family wooden bridge. After the bridge was built, businesses opened shops here, such as teahouses, butchers, piggy shops, grocery stores, shaved shops, and rice mills, which became small rural market towns. After liberation, the local people's government of Lingqiao Township was established, and the area around Lingjiamuqiao was also referred to as Lingqiao for short. The bridge was rebuilt many times. In 1969, the wooden bridge was demolished and a concrete highway bridge was built. In 1983, to adjust the farmland water conservancy system, bridges and flat roads were demolished, but the name of Lingqiao continues to this day.
The old look of Donggou Wharf
▲Donggou is a tributary of the Huangpu River. It is not only the historical throughput of various waterways in Pudong, but also a modern water conservancy hub in northeastern Pudong. The entrance of Donggou Pudong is one of the earliest "Guandu" in Pudong in ancient times (started in 1523 in the second year of Jiajing in Ming Dynasty), and also one of the modern Shanghai Pujiang Ferry Stations (started in 1910 in the second year of Xuantong in Qing Dynasty, Puxi was Tongren Wharf). Donggou has a unique geographical location. As early as the early Ming Dynasty, merchants gathered here, and even the inspection department at that time was stationed in Donggou. The prosperity of commerce has made Donggou the "Donggou City". The panorama of "Shanghai County Annals" of Jiaqing and Tongzhi of the Qing Dynasty is marked with "Donggou City". In 1930, Mobil Oil Company built 14 oil tanks on the shoreline of Donggou. After liberation, the U.S. Oil Depot became a logistic oil base for our navy forces. The local township is named after Donggou.
▲In 1911, there was a rebuilt street at Xiaonanmen, Nanshi, Shanghai, named Zhuzhu Road, also known as Zhuzhu Street. It is famous for its symmetrical street surface, producing and selling various kinds of bamboo products. Coincidentally, in the west of Chenjiadun Village, Gaodong, Pudong, there is also a bamboo street that produces and sells various types of bamboo ware, and the market was formed nearly 200 years earlier than the bamboo street in Xiaonanmen. As early as the Yongzheng period of the Qing Dynasty, the three households of Zhang, Huang, and Yang who lived in the west of Chenjiadun, Gaodong, were all bamboo weaving craftsmen. During the slack season, they made bamboo ware and sold them on the streets. After that, the three houses built two rows of tiled houses facing each other in the village where they lived, and opened bamboo shops, thus forming a market called Bamboo Street. In 1998, due to the construction of Waigaoqiao Free Trade Zone, Zhuanzhu Street was completely demolished and relocated along with Chenjiadun Village. The old site was the No. 5 gate of the Free Trade Zone.
Figures 1 and 2 are Qingning Temple Station and Ferry Station
Figure 3 is the floor plan of Qingning Temple
▲ Qingning (Jiao) Temple was built in the second year of Jianyan in the Southern Song Dynasty (1128). It was raised by monks and built by Chen Qunma. The original site was near Luhang in Pudong, and later destroyed by soldiers. During the Yuan Dade period (1297-1307), it was moved and built in Nanlu Village (No. 94-136 Shangchuan Road, now Jinqiao Road). In the Yuan Dynasty, Qingningjiao Temple had a vast area. It reached the temple boundary in the east and built a temple bridge; it faced Fanjiabang (now Huangpu River) in the west; it reached Qianbang and Tongxigou Port in the south; it reached the Sijie River in the north and Tongxigouyao Boat bay. After the Ming and Qing Dynasties, the east boundary of the temple retreated to Shangchuan Road and to the south to Siqianbang. The main hall of Qingningjiao Temple is towering, with double eaves and corners. The temple enshrines nearly 60 large and small Buddha statues such as Buddha Shakyamuni, Amitabha, Guanyin Bodhisattva, Shancai, Dragon Girl, nd Eighteen Arhats. When Qingning Temple was in its heyday, there were hundreds of monks. At that time, it was called the four famous temples together with Longhua, Jing'an and Jade Buddha Temple. Next to the temple are the tombs of Gu Yu, the minister of the Ministry of Household of the Ming Dynasty, and Chen Bin, the Zhizhou of Ninghai. Qingning Temple is well-known, and the area is named after the temple. The temple was repeatedly burned by soldiers, and was destroyed by fire during the Kangxi period of the Qing Dynasty. During the Yongzheng period, Seng Xianghai and others raised funds for construction, and it was completed in the 45th year of Qianlong (1780). In the first year of Tongzhi (1862), part of the palace was destroyed by war, and the people gathered funds to rebuild it. In the second year of Xuantong (1910), Wendao Primary School (later known as Qingningsi Primary School) was foundedwith the West Palace. After the Republic of China, monks sold products from Temple Nakata. In the 26th year of the Republic of China, 50 tiled houses and 11 acres of land were rented out, so that the monks were scattered and the incense was left in the cold. When the Anti-Japanese War broke out, Qingning Temple was once used as a refugee shelter. Shanghai fell, the Japanese invaders invaded and occupied the temple as a barracks, using the side hall as a stable. In the 35th year of the Republic of China, the abbot Monk Longting tried hard to change the monastery style and revitalize the mountain gate. In March 1964, Long Ting left the temple and the temple was unmanaged. In May 1965, the Municipal Buddhist Association leased the premises of Qingning Temple to the District Handicraft Industry Bureau. During the Cultural Revolution, the temple was destroyed and the Daxiong Hall was demolished and expanded into Shangchuan Road Primary School; the eastern side hall was changed to Pujiang Tool Factory Guest House. The northern monk's house was used as a private residence. The monks' houses along the streets of Shangchuan Road were converted into shops. In 1990, Qingning Temple had only two parts of the eastern part of the temple, and there are still traces of temples.
▲Shangchuan Railway is the first privately-owned railway in Shanghai in modern times. In 1921, Huang Yanpei and others initiated the establishment of Shangchuan Transportation Co., Ltd. to raise shares to build the Shangchuan Railway. The railway project broke ground in February 1922 and was built by the Shangchuan Transportation Company. It passed through the original three counties of Shanghai, Chuansha, and Nanhui. The entire line was completed in July 1926. From Qingning Temple on the Huangpu River to Zhuqiao Town in Nanhui, the total length is 35 kilometers. The opening of the Shangchuan Railway has greatly facilitated the travel and transportation of Pudong. The Shangchuan Railway is laid with meter gauges, and the distance between the tracks is narrow, so it is called a small train, consisting of 4 to 6-car steam locomotives.
In 1975, the Shanghai Municipal Government decided to demolish the Shangchuan Railway. It is said that the railway was demolished due to lack of spare parts and funds, and moved to a farm in northern Jiangsu Province to transport stones for reclaiming land from the sea. Later, in order to commemorate the Pudong small train, an old-fashioned locomotive was specially purchased from a factory that dismantled scrap steel in other places and placed at the original site of Chuansha Station on the Shangchuan Railway on the side of Chuansha Chengbei Road.
Former Mahler Shipyard Office Building
▲In 1874, the Englishman Erik Mahler opened the "Qiu Ci Foreign Company" in Shanghai to operate import and export trade, marine insurance and other businesses. In 1927, Mahler began shipping operations. The following year, on the side of the road on the riverside in the triangle of Fuxing Island in Yangshupu, nearly 23 acres of land was purchased and the Mahler Machinery Shipyard was opened. In 1932, Mahler moved the shipyard from Yangshupu to the vicinity of Gaomiao in Pudong and built a part of the factory. In the following year, more than 200 acres of land were purchased to expand the factory area, adding machinery and equipment and staff. The shipyard also has a wharf and a 500-ton platoon. So far, the "MAHLE Machinery Shipyard" has basically taken shape. In 1941, the plant was operated by Japan's Mitsui Shipyard. In 1945, the factory was leased and operated by Shanghai China Merchants. In August 1952, it was changed to the state-owned Hudong Shipyard.
▲The Jinqiao area is about the Chenglu in the Tang Dynasty. It belongs to the Huating County of Wujun (Suzhou) in the south of the Yangtze River. It is an old town with a history of more than 100 years. In 1936, Shanghai withdrew from Luhang, Gaohang and Yangjing districts, and Jinqiao Town belonged to them. In 1945, Shanghai resumed its pre-war establishment. Jinqiao Town belongs to Shanghai 30th District (Yangjing) and 31st District (Gaoqiao). Jinqiao is the abbreviation of Jinjiaqiao. It was called the town in 1928, and the name of the town originated from the name of the bridge. According to legend, Jinjiaqiao was originally named Sanzhu Bridge. During the Qianlong reign of the Qing Dynasty (1736-1796), a Jinpu herbalist who lived in Dongjin Alley initiated the conversion of the Sanzhu Bridge into a stone bridge. The place name of Jinjiaqiao came up with a history of about 230 years. The Jinqiao Waterway Majiabang runs from north to south, and the Jinjia Stone Bridge is built on Majiabang, dividing the Jinqiao into east and west streets. The street is narrow, but there are many shops and workshops.
Luxing Town Old Street
▲Lu Xing has become Lu in the Tang Dynasty, with his surname as his first name. At the end of the Yuan Dynasty and the beginning of the Ming Dynasty, there were local people surnamed Lu who set up shop here for business. It is also said that Lu Yin, a descendant of Lu Xun, the governor of the Three Kingdoms, came here with his family in the eighteenth year of Hongzhi in the Ming Dynasty (1505), and later became a big clan, so he had the place name of Lu Jiaxing. Lujiaxing, also called Luxing Town for short, has a history of about 500 years.
Caolu Town Old Street
▲The origin of the Cao Lu place name is related to the Cao family's relocation. According to the family tree of the Cao family, in the twelfth year of Yongle in the Ming Dynasty (1414), Cao Shouchang, a descendant of the prime minister of the Western Han Dynasty Cao Shen, moved from Fanxi (now Caojiadu) in Puxi to Yongle Village in Pudong. He was familiar with salt affairs and set up a city in Cao Road. Named after. Cao Road has been an important place in coastal defense since Ming and Qing. In the 14th year of the Republic of China (1925), the Shangchuan Railway was opened to traffic. The Caolu train was located on the west side of Caolu Town. The train from the south of Chuansha turned west to Shanghai, stopped at Qingning Temple, and ferryed into Puxi. Cao Road is the hub station for the Shangchuan Railway to go south and west. Caolu Old Street is 0.6 kilometers long from north to south, and the houses are connected to each other. The people who live here in the world live by the river and opposite the city. After the liberation, Cao Road was part of the Gulu District and Township, within the boundaries of the people’s village. In 2000, Gulu Town and Gonglu Town withdrew two and built one, and set up Caolu Town (that is, "three roads and one road"), and the town government agency chose Cao Road. Around the town hall, new houses are connected and there are many shops. The functional positioning of the town is residential areas and higher education parks. Shanghai Second Polytechnic University, Shanda University, School of Finance and other colleges and universities gathered in the western part of the town to enhance the cultural taste of the region and the popularity of Cao Lu.
▲When and who built Chaoyin Temple, there is no record in history books, only the origin of folklore. Legend has it that there are two households surnamed Chen and Qiu in the Li family. They have relatively solid family practices. In order to cultivate reeds and firewood, they will not give up to each other. The two parties agreed to win or lose in a contest and determine the land ownership. Although the Chen family won the lawsuit, their young master was sent to serve in Heilongjiang. The young master of the Chen family has experienced sorrow in the cold north. But in the face of adversity, he secretly prayed for the blessing of Guanyin Bodhisattva and rescued from suffering, and he was willing to build a temple, shape a golden body, and worship every day. Eighteen years later, for the rest of his life, the young master of the Chen family reunited with his family. In order to fulfill his vows, he built a temple on the land handed down by the first ancestor of Pandong of the Li family, and named it Chaoyin An. From then on, he saw through and let go, and became a monk. His younger sister did not marry until middle age and volunteered to be a nun in the nunnery. The Chen family, one monk and one nun, converted to Buddhism.
The legendary story is more than 500 years old, and its true or false is difficult to test. Chaoyin Nunnery was renovated after many wars and fires. When it was rebuilt in the 1930s, the famous person Huang Yanpei wrote the three characters "Chaoyin Nunnery". After 1956, the real estate in Chaoyin'an Temple was easily used for other purposes, and many buildings in the hall were damaged. During the Cultural Revolution, religious activities ceased. The temple property was returned in 1982. On February 19 of the lunar calendar in 1986, which was Guanshiyin’s birthday, Chaoyin Temple resumed religious activities again.
Gonglu Town South Street
▲Gonglu Town, commonly known as Gongjia Intersection, was built on the old Hutang. Legend has it that between 1049 and 1052, the area was still a barren beach. To resist the overwhelming tide, the seawall (commonly known as Laohutang) was built. After that, more and more people entered the country for cultivation. Tangdong salt sellers pass by from outside the pond to make a "stay" and gradually form a market (ie, "crossing"). With the convenient transportation of salt from east to west, the "junction" market is becoming increasingly prosperous, and the scale of the market is gradually expanding. In addition, most of the business people at the "junction" are named Gong, so people named the town "Gongjialukou". In the Republic of China, there were as many as 80 or 90 shops in Gonglu Town. In the 13th year of the Republic of China, Zhang Yifu and Yu Shaoxuan initiated the establishment of North Sichuan Electric Light Company. Electric lights were used in Gonglu Town, which was also the first in the Chuansha area.
▲ Chuansha, Old Pudong calls it Beisha, and Nanhui Xinchang area is called Nansha. For thousands of years, the quicksand of the Yangtze River was supported by the tides and deposited here. After forming a sandbar, it gradually became a land, hence the name Chuansha. In addition, there is Chuanshawa in the east beach of Chuansha, and its inner land is also named. Chuansha, as a local-level grassroots government, started as a special zone. Before Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty, Chuansha was located at the junction of Nanhui, Shanghai and Baoshan counties. It was difficult to handle maritime affairs, numerous lawsuits and prisons, arrears of money and food, and management difficulties. Therefore, the Songjiang government requested that this special area be divided into separate blocks. In the fifteenth year of Jiaqing, the land was officially allocated, the household registration was verified, and the Chuansha Fumin Hall was established. This was the beginning of the establishment of Chuansha's governance. From the establishment of the county in 1912 to the abolition in 1992, it was kept for 81 years.
Old House of History in Nanshi Street
▲ Nanshi Street in Chuansha City has become a familiar place name because of the presence of a group of celebrities in the "Inner History Di" of the Shen Family Residence next to it. The Shen Family Courtyard was built by the ancestor Shen Shuyong. In the ninth year of Xianfeng in the Qing Dynasty (1859), Shen Shuyong was promoted and later served as the cabinet secretary, and the Shen family compound was renamed "Inner History".
"Inner History" is not only a house with unique architectural style and artistic value, but also a famous house in the south of the Yangtze River. In the twelfth year of Daoguang in the Qing Dynasty (1832), Shen Shuyong was born in the Shen Family Courtyard. Shen Bo is a well-known scholar, a connoisseur of calligraphy and painting, and a collector of cultural relics. In the fourth year of Guangxu (1878), Huang Yanpei was born in "Inner History". The two families of Huang and Shen are relatives. Huang Yanpei’s grandfather, Dianmo, was Shen Shuyong’s brother-in-law, his grandfather Meng Qing was once Shen’s brother-in-law, and Shen Shuyong’s son Shen Yuqing was Huang Yanpei’s uncle. In the Shen Family Courtyard. In the 19th year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1893), Soong Ching Ling was born in the "Inner History". Soong Ching Ling spent her unforgettable childhood here. She moved to Shanghai Puxi with her parents in 1903.
The last days of Beimen Dry Bridge (March 2009)
To make way for the construction of the Huaxia Road viaduct dry bridge was demolished, and the viaduct pier is on the left.
▲Beimen Dry Bridge, also known as "Feihong Fudao", is located outside the north gate of Chuansha Old Town, on the original Shangchuan Railway that crosses Wangqiao Street. In October 1925, the Shangchuan Railway from Qingning Temple to Gongjia Road was completed and opened to traffic. Subsequently, the project to extend southward from Gongjia Road to Chuansha started. The planned Chuansha Railway Station is located outside the north gate, but Beimenwai Street (now Wangqiao Street) at the west end of the station is from Chuansha City to Laohutang and to Muzi Bridge, Xiaowan and Gongjia Road in the north. The north-south traffic arterial roads in such places as Caojia Road, Caojia Road and Gujia Road are also lively neighborhoods with dense housing and a large population. In order to make the railway cross Wangxin Street, Gu Bowei, the manager of Shangchuan Company, learned from foreign experience and decided to build a dry bridge at the intersection of the railway and Beimenwai Street. In June 1925, the dry bridge was completed (see picture). The dry bridge at the north gate of Chuansha is the veteran of the interchange. According to the records of "Shanghai Geographical Names", the earliest railway overpass in downtown Shanghai was the dry bridge on Gonghe New Road, which was built in November 1957, and was also called the "dry bridge" at that time. Beimen Hanqiao is 31 years earlier than it. In December 1975, the Shangchuan Railway was demolished and converted into a highway. After the road was cut and straightened, the Beimen Dry Bridge became an idle bridge within the cut curve area, which is gradually being forgotten.
▲There is a Confucian Temple in Puxinan City, also known as Confucian Temple; Pudong Chuansha also has a Confucian Temple, located in the west gate of Chuansha City (now in Chuansha Middle School, Xinchuan Road). In 1920, Lu Binglin from the town and Wu Daben of the Chuansha Confucian Church, Ai Zengke and others chose the west corner of Chuansha City and the base field of the Former Qing Defense Department as the foundation of the Confucian Temple. The construction was opened in the autumn of 1926 and completed in the summer of 1931. In the spring of 1942, Cai Jingwei, at the request of Wang Jinkui, a gentry merchant in the city, and others, set up a private Youren Senior High School with Chengxi Confucian Temple as its school site. The following year, Youren Middle School merged with the junior high school class of Yuanchuanguang Elementary School and was renamed "Private Tiesha Junior Middle School". In 1946, Tiesha Middle School merged with Zhongshan Middle School and was renamed as Chuansha County Junior Middle School. It was named Chuansha County Middle School in 1951. In 1993, the school was renamed Chuansha Middle
Craftsman tying a broom
▲Baoqibang, located in the southeast of Pudong New Area, is attached to Gonghe Village, Chuansha New Town. There is a river in the village, which is more than 20 meters wide and nearly 1,000 meters long. This river is named after the farmers who live by the river put broomsticks on it.
The "Continued Records of Nanhui County" of Guangxu of the Qing Dynasty contained: "Reed brooms, Qi Tuan Yi Jia have brooms and brooms. Over the years, both men and women pick reeds and make brooms and sell them in Jiangsu and Zhejiang."
In the eleventh year of the Yongzheng period of the Qing Dynasty (1733), Nanhui Prefecture Qinlian presided over the construction of the Waihanhaitang (later called Qingongtang, nowadays the Fenggong Highway in South Sichuan), and there were more than ten households of farmers including Zhu, Dong, and Zhuang along the pond. Biaoqibang settled down. At that time, reeds were overgrown on the sea pond outside Qin Gongtang and on both banks of the river in the pond. These farmers first picked local materials, picked the unflowered reeds (collectively called reeds) and used them as brooms. After that, they were sold nearby and as far away as towns. More than 100 years ago, Zhu Junzhen, Dong Zhaozhang, Zhuang Linsheng and other large households have developed into large broomstickers, each with an annual output of about 10,000 broomsticks, and more than 30 households use broomsticking as a sideline. Because the broomstick is made on the spot and is easy to learn, some farmers in the surrounding villages also use the broomstick as a family sideline. Gaoqiao in Liutuan also has a place name called Broomham, but its popularity is much lower than that of Qituan Broomham.
Jiangzhen West Street
▲Jiangjia Intersection, now known as Jiangzhen, is located on Qingongtang (the predecessor of present-day Sichuan Nanfeng Highway) in the southeast of Pudong New Area. During the Yuan and Ming dynasties, the coastal area of Pudong was rich in sea salt, which was built as a salt field. The road where the salt people transported salt and burned salt and firewood came out is called an intersection at the crossing of Qingongtang. It can be seen from the "Nanhui County Dividing System" and "Nanhui County Map" in Yongzheng Period of the Qing Dynasty that during the Zhengde period of the Ming Dynasty (1506-1521), many beacon piers built on the outside of Qingongtang were marked with rivers. Home road pier. It can be seen that the place name Jiangjialukou has a history of more than 500 years. In March 1936, the Shangchuan Railway extended from Xiaoyingfang to Zhujiaqiao to the south, adding three stations, Jiangjia Intersection, Dengjia Wharf and Zhujiaqiao. During the Republic of China, the intersection of Jiangjia Road was under the jurisdiction of Zhuqiao District, Nanhui County. In October 1949, a township government was established at the intersection of Jiangjia Road and nearby rural areas, and the name was Jiangzhen Township. In September 1950, 9 townships in Zhuqiao District of Nanhui County were included in Chuansha County, and Jiangzhen District was established thereafter. In 1957, the districts were merged and the townships were merged, and Jiangzhen Township, Jiangzhen People’s Commune, Jiangzhen Town and the Airport Town after the merger with Shiwan Town were established. Government agencies and affiliated institutions are all located in Jiangzhen Town.
Restoration of former residence of Zhang Wentian
▲The old house of Zhang Wentian, located on the west side of Qingongtang, belongs to Zhangjiazhai, Dengsan Village, Chuansha Town. The old house is a brick-timbered rural house with a front two-wing house. It faces south and has 5 front houses, 2 side rooms on each side, and 4 utility rooms outside the west side room. In the middle is a brick-paved patio, with a wooden pavilion in front. There are vegetable gardens and trees in front of the house. There is a bamboo garden and a river ditch at the back of the house, and there are bamboo fences around it, which is rich in rural scenery. Zhang Wentian was born in the main house on the west side of the guest hall. Zhang Wentian was 6 years old and studied at the Zhang Family Ancestral Hall in his home. In the first month of the following year, the school teacher Zhang Zhutang transformed the private school into Yangzheng Primary School. Zhang Wentian left Yangzheng Primary School at the age of 11 and went to boarding school in Nanhui Xiasha Zhenxing Primary School. In the mid-1930s, Zhang Wentian became one of the leaders of the Communist Party.
▲Wanghai Tower is actually a beacon tower, covering an area of 45 square meters, and the tower is 43 meters high, commonly known as "Wanghai Tower". It is located in the southeast of Pudong New Area, east of Qingongtang and west of Renmintang. It is now Wangyi Village, Chuansha New Town. Wanghailou is a navigation mark for sea vessels to enter the South Channel of the Yangtze River, and it is also one of the Shanghai regional aviation routes. According to the memories of local elderly people, Wanghai Tower was built in 1926 when it was funded by American navigators. The tower of the navigation mark tower is a wooden structure, and it is made of Mei pine (commonly known as pine). After the tower was built until the outbreak of the Anti-Japanese War, it was repaired and maintained several times. After occupying Pudong, the Japanese army demolished all the timber from Wanghailou and replaced it with bamboo. After the victory of the Anti-Japanese War, the Shanghai Waterway Bureau replaced the bamboo frame with a wooden structure.
▲Shijiabang, also known as Barracks Wharf, now known as Shiwan (ji) Town, is located on the Sichuan-Nanfeng Highway in the southeast corner of Pudong New Area. In the tenth year of Emperor Yongzheng of the Qing Dynasty (1732), on the 16th day of the lunar calendar, Pudong was hit by a strong typhoon. The Waihanhaitang, which was built in the 12th year of the Wanli reign of the Ming Dynasty (1584), was broken in many places. The following year, Qinlian presided over the rebuilding of Waihan Seawall (later renamed Qin Gongtang). After the pond was built, a man named Shi Abing built a straw shed at the entrance and exit of the sea pond to set up a stall for business, and he called it "Shijiapeng". Because most of the people living nearby are residents of the Shi family name, a river course from the West Tongli Hutang Port of Qingongtang is called Shijiabang; the road from Qingongtang to the coast is called Shijialu. Shijiabang Town is named after Bang. In April of the 31st year of Jiajing in Ming Dynasty (1552), Japanese pirates committed crimes in the Gaoqiao area of Pudong, plundering Sichuan and breaking the Nanhui. After that, Shijiabang was guarded by the Nanhui Camp and built a barracks. The barracks wharf was named after it. During the period of the Republic of China, there were more than 10 shops such as cigarette paper groceries, butcher shops, fish shops, rice shops, tofu shops, and tea houses in Shijiabang Market Town. Shijiabang coastal fishermen have more than 20 licensed offshore small fishing boats, catching seafood for a living. The Baojia system was abolished at the end of 1949, and Shijiabang and Liutuanwan were each established as a township. When naming them, Shijiabang’s "Shi" and Liutuanwan were named Shiwan Township, and the name of the market town was changed to Shi Bay town. In June 1950, Shi Jiabang was also included in Chuansha County. When the districts were merged into towns in 1957, Shiwan (Da) Township was established. Since then, Shiwan Town has been the residence of Shiwan Township, Shiwan People’s Commune, Shiwan Town People’s Government and its affiliated institutions.
▲In the southwest of Chuansha City, there is a place called Huangjiaxialou, which is now Huanglou Town. According to legend, in the last years of the Ming Dynasty, there was a family named Hua who lived in Wuxi. In the Yuan Dynasty, he was struck by war and moved to Pudong, where he lived and multiplied in Hongqiao Port. By the end of the Ming Dynasty and the beginning of the Qing Dynasty, he had already owned a million fortunes. Just north of Hongqiao Port, he bought land and built a house called Huajialou. But "the rich are only three generations." In the reign of Kangxi, the Hua family had eight sons, which the locals called "Hua Bafang". The descendants of "Hua Bafang" are gambling, and within a few years of work, debts are high and debts are high. Reluctant to sell the huge Huajia Homestead with Huang Yunshi, the richest man named Huang in Gaoxing Town, northeast of Pudong. After Huang Yunshi bought the Huajia Building, he added 13 halls and pavilions, including the East Building, the West Building, and the East and West Garden Corner Hall, forming a magnificent building complex that is well-known far and wide. Huangjialou is downstairs to Hongqiao Port to the south, and is surrounded by water on three sides from the east to the west and the north to the west is a garden ditch. There are two gates at both ends of the street, and there are five shops and pawns outside the gate, and one snack shop is set up at each end of the gate. Everyone who passes by the gate is called "Huangjia Louxia", the Huang family will provide a bowl of his big meat noodles for free, so people change the name of "Huajia Louxia" to "Huangjia Louxia", referred to as "Huang Lou", also called "lou" under".
▲Zhangjiang Town (Zhangjiangzha), there were villages in the Yuan and Song Dynasties to the mid-Ming Dynasty. The old name is Gutongli, which belongs to Changren Township. The ancestors of Gutongli used the surname Wu as their business to manage vegetable gardens. "Wu's homeland" was once famous. Later, Zhang, Ye, and Liu moved to settle here. This place is named after a century-old plane tree. During the Longqing period of the Ming Dynasty (1567-1572), there was a person surnamed Zhang Mingjiang, who opened dictionaries here, built fences for defense, and gradually named "Zhangjiang Zha". During the Qianlong period of the Qing Dynasty, Zhangjiangzha had hundreds of meters long east-west street, north-south street and sugar shop street across Lujiabang, row upon row of houses on the street, and more than 1,000 residents on the gate. There are more than 200 various shops and wine shops. At the beginning of the Republic of China, Zhangjiangzha was already an important town in the northern part of Nanhui County, and the century-old "Qian Wanlong" Sauce Garden was also opened here. In 1955, Zhangjiangzha Town was demarcated from Zhangjia Township and became a subordinate town of Beicai District alongside the township. After the establishment of the Satellite People’s Commune in 1958, the commune’s offices were located in Zhangjiang Town. In the 1970s, Zhangjiangzha Old Street gradually fell into the cold, and various shops gradually developed on both sides of Zhenxi New Street, North Sichuan Highway and Zhangjiang Road. With the development of Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park, Zhangjiang Town has developed rapidly. As of 2002, the town area was 2.44 square kilometers with a population of 15,000.
▲"Qian Wanlong Sauce Garden" was founded by Qian Jinnan. He was a famous gentleman in Fengxian, Nanhui and Chuansha counties at that time, and he was also the only Pudong native who wore flower lings and a yellow mantle for business. Qian Jinnan has a wealthy friend who runs a beef farm, Zhang Laowu. Both of them are Catholics and they have very good friendship. At that time, the opening of the sauce garden had to have financial resources. Qian Zhang agreed to take Zhang Laowu’s fortune, and then borrow Qian Jinnan’s power to apply for a license from the government. In the sixth year of Guangxu (1880), the two jointly opened the "Qian Wanlong Sauce Garden" in Mofang Street, Shanghai. After Qian Jinnan's death, his son Qian Ziyin took over the sauce garden. In the twenty-third year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1897), the cooperation between Qian Ziyin and the "Laowu Beef" was disintegrated, and from then on, Mofang Street "Qian Wanlong" was renamed "Wanlong Sauce Garden". Qian Ziyin went back to Zhangjiangzha in Pudong to open the "Qian Wanlong Sauce Garden". After the giant businessman Ji Yunsheng "introduces business", Gu Hao "guarantee business", obtained the "Zhangjiangzha shop household Qianwanlong in Nanhui County" wooden license issued by the two Zhejiang Nanyan Transport Envoys. Qian Wanlong is still based in his industry after a hundred years of ups and downs. In June 2008, "Qian Wanlong Soy Sauce Brewing Process" was selected into the second batch of national intangible cultural heritage list.
▲The Qian Family Catholic Church. During the Jiaqing period of the Qing Dynasty, fishermen named Qian by the Qiantang River in Yuhang County, Zhejiang Province came to settle here, and their descendants gradually multiplied into village houses. In the first year of Tongzhi (1862), the court pardoned the construction of the Catholic Church in Zhangjiangzha. Qian Jinnan initiated fund-raising and fund-raising for construction. The foundation stone laying ceremony of the church was held on December 8, 1864. After completion, it was named the Church of the Sacred Heart of Our Lady. On December 8th of the Seventh Year of Tongzhi (1868), the Catholic Church held an opening and consecrated mass. Representatives from Shanghai Daotai and 9 local officials attended the ceremony. Because the Catholic Church was raised for Qian Jinnan, and most of the villagers in the surrounding houses have the surname Qian, there is a temple (Renshou Temple, commonly known as Qian’s Temple) more than 50 meters southwest of the church, so it is called " "The Qian Family Church" is a place name for a long time. After liberation, the Qianjia Catholic Church was once used as the office of the People's Government of Beicai District, Nanhui County. The church-run Mother Heart Elementary School, located in the annex of the Qianjia Catholic Church, was also taken over by the government and renamed Chuansha County Gonghe Elementary School. The development and opening of Pudong, Zhangjiang Hi-Tech Park expropriated land in this area. In 2000, the Qian Family Temple in the south of the Catholic Church was demolished. In 2003, Xinkang Village was withdrawn, but the Qian's Catholic Church still stood in place.
▲"Stove" was a management unit in the ancient salt industry. In the Song Dynasty, there were five large-scale salt farms in the coastal area of southeastern Shanghai in the Song Dynasty. There were branches under the salt farms, and each branch had ten stoves. The stoves managed a large number of salt-fried stove households. Over time, the stove is not only a management organization for organizing salt production, but also a place where stove households live. After a long period of more than 800 years, many old place names named after the stove are still in use in Pudong, such as Liuzao, Qizao, and Bazao villages in Chuansha Town, and there are more place names like Nanhui and Fengxian areas. . Sanzao Bang got its name from Sanzao, a neighborhood where stove households lived. Sanzao Bang is not wide, but it is an ancient river with a history of nearly 800 years. In order to prevent confusion with the two rivers of the same name in Nanhui, Sanzao Bang is also called Xiaosanzao Port. The "Tuan", "Zhao" and "Jia" in the place names of Pudong were formerly the salt-making management units. Later, people referred to these units as a certain "group" or a certain "stove", and they are still used today.
Group photo of teachers and students of Dayi Public School
▲Dayi Public School was founded in 1898, and its predecessor was the Chen Family School of the Chenjiazhai Leishitang in Jikou Village, Tangzhen. The public school was founded in 1868 by the French missionary Eraud, and it is the earliest mission school in Pudong. Soon after the Tang Tomb Bridge Notre Dame Lourdes Church was completed, the Chen Family School moved to the east of the Notre Dame Lourdes Church and was renamed Dayi School. Most public school students come from Catholic families in downtown Shanghai, Sichuan, South and Feng, and they are mainly boarding houses. The public-credit school is for co-ed secondary schools, the boys’ school is managed by Chinese monks from the Mother’s Association, and the girls’ school is managed by the congregational nuns. Since 1931, public schools have established junior high schools, which are divided into Dayi Middle and Primary Schools. In 1952, Dayi Middle School was changed to county, and the name was changed to Heqing Junior Middle School in Chuansha County. The Women's Department of Dayi Public School was later transformed into Tangzhen Central Primary School. In 1958, a joint junior middle school was established, and the school added a high school section, which was renamed Chuansha County Hongqiao Middle School. In 1970, the school was placed under the management of Tangzhen People’s Commune and renamed Tangzhen Middle School in Chuansha County.
▲Cailu Town, commonly known as Caijia Intersection. According to historical records, the Cai family was an official in successive dynasties. In the thirty-eighth generation, Cai Yichong, his grandson, moved from Huang Mian to the third place in the south of Chuansha Ba Tuan, and built a three-step official residence for the local prominent family according to official duties. Since then, the Sanjia intersection was changed to Caijia intersection. In the eleventh year of Emperor Yongzheng in the Qing Dynasty (1733), after the rebuilding of the Baili Waihetang, the Caijia intersection gradually became a bazaar. During the Guangxu period of the Qing Dynasty, there were several shops in the market town, including tofu shops, fish shops, butcher shops, restaurants, dim sum shops, cigarette paper groceries, noodle soup making, and pharmacies. In the 31st year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1905), the "Qingyan Nunnery", also known as Yang Ye Temple, was built by the locals Cai Rongqing and Wu Shaofu. In the future, because people burn incense in Qingyan Temple every first and half of the lunar month, especially in October and half, the scene is magnificent, and Caijia Junction flourishes.
Sanjiagang Bathing Beach
▲Sanjia Port, formerly known as Yangjiahong, is located on the east coast of Cailu Town, Pudong. Since the Song Dynasty, the seaside of Pudong has been rich in salt. Since the Yuan Dynasty, the management of salt farms has implemented a regiment and stove system. From the beginning of the Ming Dynasty, the salt industry turned from prosperity to decline. In the Qing Dynasty, the salt industry was abolished in Pudong, and the salt cooking stove was switched to farming, and the management of the stove was changed to the regimental system. The Sanjia Port (located in the third A) got its name. Although Sanjia Port is called a port, there is no port in fact, but there is a low-lying water area where small ships can stop, so it was previously called Yang Jiahong. In order to distinguish the Sanjia Port of the river from the Sanjia Port of Yangjiahong, the local people renamed the former Sanjia Chelu Port, or Chelu Port for short; Yang Jiahong renamed Sanjia Port and it is still in use today. Before the development of Pudong, Sanjiagang had always been a remote small fishing village. Now it is a tourist area integrating seafood, delicacies, bathing and entertainment.
▲Sanlintang area is located in the southwest corner of Pudong New Area and east of Huangpu River. It was still a vast ocean before the Three Kingdoms of the Eastern Han Dynasty. In the Jin Dynasty, it evolved into a coastal beach and gradually became a land. This is the first place where Pudong became a land. Since the Tang Dynasty, the ancestors worked diligently to cultivate and plant, and even view fields and houses on the deserted beaches, and the Song Dynasty became densely populated. In the Northern Song Dynasty, Lin Legeng, a native of Fujian, came here with his family and started a business with the local people. Lin's descendants multiplied and became a family of families. On the north bank of a tributary of the Huangpu River, they lived in three places along the river, called Donglinzhuang, Zhonglinzhuang and Xilinzhuang, collectively called Sanlinzhuang. From the first ancestor of the Yuan Dynasty to the twenty-ninth year of the Yuan Dynasty (1292), Sanlinzhuang was called Sanlinli in the territory of the twenty-four guarantees in Gaochang Township, Shanghai County. By the beginning of Ming Dynasty, Sanlin had become a big town in Pudong. The Songjiang Mansion Records of the Jiaqing Period of the Qing Dynasty described the section from Yanhe to Xiaoyaojing transported to the west, called “Sanlinpu”; the section from Xiaoyaojing to Chenchuntang was called “East Sanlintang”, and then west to Huangpu River, called “West Sanlin” pond". From Xiaoyaojing to West Huangpu, the river runs through the whole area of Sanlin, collectively called "Sanlintang", also known as Sanlingang, or Sanlintanggang. Located at the north bank of Sanlin Port where Sanlintang Port, Dongfenjing and Chencun Port three waters converge, and separated from Nanhui and Chuansha counties by one water, it was called Dongtang (East Sanlintang) in Ming Dynasty, and Xitang ( West Sanlintang was collectively known as Sanlintang Town. In the Qing Dynasty, Dongtang became increasingly desolate, and Xitang developed into a veritable Sanlin central market town—Sanlintang (town). Sanlin embroidery, which integrates the techniques of "Gu embroidery" and "Su embroidery" in Luxiang Garden of the Ming Dynasty, has a history of nearly 500 years. Sanlin people like dragons and are good at dragon dance. Sanlin dragon dance team is named "Shanghai Dragon Dance Team" and is well known.
▲In the 22nd year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1896), in the name of Shanghai County Instructor, the educator Qin Rongguang, together with Tang Xuezhao, a giant of Sanlin merchants, and Zhou Xilian, Yang Si "martialized", raised funds to establish Sanlin Academy at Wenchang Pavilion (the predecessor of Sanlin Middle School) . In the early days of its establishment, Sanlin Academy was still a place for cultivating talents and recruiting talents. Due to the aggressive and bold pioneering efforts of the founders such as Qin Gong, the academy has made many innovations, such as classics, historical theory, arithmetic, geography, current affairs, and storytelling, which embodies the principle of "practical application".
After the Reform Movement of 1898, the Qing court issued an order to abolish the imperial examination and establish a school. Qin, Tang, and Wednesday public responded urgently, and in 1902 changed the academy into a "school". In August 1921, the school accidentally caught fire, and Wenchang Pavilion and the West Building of Chenghuang Temple were all reduced to ashes. The 33rd year of Guangxu in Qing Dynasty (1907) was changed to "Sanlin Primary School". In 1912, the school building was destroyed by fire. The principal Qin Xitian (son of Qin Rongguang) and the supervisor Zhao Lvfu worked hard to rebuild the new building and renamed it "Sanlin, Chen Xing, Yang Sixiang Primary School". In 1930, planned to establish the middle school department, initially named "Private Sanlin Vocational Middle School". In the following year, it was renamed "Private Sanlin Junior Business Vocational School". In 1937, the school moved to No. 44, Pingheli, Aiwenyi Road (now the intersection of Huanghe Road, Beijing West Road), in the Shanghai Public Concession, and continued to operate, and set up a high school business department. In December 1941, when the Pacific War broke out and Japanese troops invaded the concession, the school board decided to announce the closure of the secondary school. In February 1946, the school moved back to the original site of Sanlin Town and officially resumed classes. As the school’s equipment had been destroyed, it was changed to an ordinary middle school, and a high school class was added, which was named "Private Sanlin Middle School". In January 1953, the school was changed to public and renamed "Shanghai County Sanlin Middle School". In January 1978, the school was listed as a key middle school in Shanghai County. In 1993, the former Shanghai County was transferred to Pudong New Area, and it is now a key middle school in Pudong New Area.
▲Sanlin Wunijing Temple was originally located in Wunijing Town, Puxi, and moved to Pudong in the Qing Dynasty. The place was then called Wunijing Temple (now Linpu Village, Sanlin Town). The temple was built on the site of Wunijing Temple. Huaxuewen Temple. Speaking of Wunijing Temple, one would think of Huang Daopo. Huang Daopo promoted new textile technology in the early Yuan Dynasty, and her achievements are well-known in Shanghai. Huang Daopo’s comprehensive innovation in textile technology has enabled farmers in his hometown of Wunijing to grow cotton and spin cotton yarn at home. Everyone knows how to weave. The "Wunijing quilt" is well-known in the north and south, and farmers are also famous for this. rich. At that time, Sanlin Town was adjacent to Wunijing, and every family in Sanlin also worked with men and women weaving. People are grateful to Huang Daopo for Xie De. After her death, she built an ancestral hall for her and offered sacrifices for generations.
"Lu Genji" in the west of Dishan Village, Sanlin Town
▲In the west of Dishan Village, Sanlin Town, there is a village house called "Lu Genji", which is the largest modern residence Yu Qingtang in Pudong. The owner of Yu Qingtang is Lu Genquan who founded Lu Genji Construction Factory. Born in 1893, Lu was born in a poor family and left home in his youth to study mason in Shanghai. After more than 10 years of hard work, the 36-year-old Lu founded Lu Genji Construction Factory. Lu Genji began to build small projects and continued to grow his strength. In 1934, he obtained the right to build the Shanghai Paramount Ballroom. Lu Genji Construction Factory has also become one of the main construction factories in modern Shanghai. Lu Genquan, who had been filial to his mother since he was a child, built Yu Qingtang, a private residence in the west of Dishan Village, Pudong's hometown, while undertaking the construction of famous cultural facilities in Shanghai in the 1930s. Yu Qingtang was completed in 1935. Since then, a new village house, Lu Genji, has been added to the Dishan area of Sanlin. After Lu Genquan became a well-known builder, he had a close relationship with senior officials of the Kuomintang government and became the deputy minister of the Ministry of Construction of the Kuomintang government. On the eve of liberation, Lu was ordered to build a group of bunkers in the suburbs of Shanghai. Lu Genquan, who has a sense of justice, organized the construction of the bunkers and, through his fellow villager Yao Huiquan, forwarded the distribution map of the bunkers to the head of the Shanghai Underground Party of the Communist Party of China. After liberation, Lu settled in Brazil until his death. In 2004, Yu Qingtang was destroyed by fire.
▲There is an ancient stone bridge in Yangsi Town, Pudong. The stone strips on both sides of the main bridge are engraved with the words "Yangsi Bridge" and the couplet: "Unforgettable Junxi's arms are covered in the arms, north to Shanghai and east to prosperity." The year the bridge was built is unknown, but it is at least 500 years old. Yang Sizhen is named after the bridge.
But why is "bridge" and "town" connected? Everyone has different opinions. According to legend, Yang Si was called "Zhiyi" in Song Dynasty. Later generations renamed the stone bridge "Yang Shiqiao" to commemorate the construction of a bridge by a teacher surnamed Yang. And "teacher" and "thinking" are homophonic, and after that, people have the meaning of thinking and thanking the ancients for building the bridge, so it was called "Yang Siqiao". In the first year of Jiaqing in the Qing Dynasty (1796), it was named "Yangshiqiao City". In the 32nd year of Guangxu (1906), Yangsi District was established. In the third year of Xuantong (1911), Yang Sixiang was established. It was named Yangsi District of Shanghai in 1949 and was renamed Sisheng District in 1949. After May 1949, it was still Yangsi District. Yangsi Township was restored. In 1951, the town was established from the township, and Yangsi District was retreated. It belongs to the eastern suburbs, Yaohua Township, and Pudong County. In 1958, it belonged to the May 1st People’s Commune of Pudong County. The Yangsi People’s Commune was established the following year. In 1960, it was transferred to Chuansha County. In 1984, the commune was changed to a township, and in 1988 it was transferred to Nancheng District. It belonged to Pudong New Area in 1993. In 1995, Yang Sixiang was revoked and Yangsi Town was established. The current town borders Liuli Town to the east, Sanlin Town to the south, Huangpu River to the west, and Shanggang Xincun Street and Zhoujiadu Street to the north.
Beicai Town and Bailianjing
▲Beicai Town was once known as "Beicai City". As early as in the Song Dynasty (around 1190), Cai Gong moved here and chose the east bank of the north and south sections of Bailianjing to build a house near the water. A few years later, Cai bought more than 40 acres of land on the north bank of the east and west sections of Bailianjing (now Beicai Central Primary School) to build Chongqing Temple. In the first year of Jiading Song Dynasty (1208), Chongqingjiao Temple was completed. On the Bailianjing in front of the temple, there is a Fragrant Fragrance Bridge-Fragrant Flower Bridge, which was famous for a while, and pilgrims from all over the world went to worship and worship, and the incense flourished. There is a settlement of the distinguished family surnamed Cai on the side of the temple, and it has become a market over time. People used to call Beicai’s house "North Cai", and over time, "North Cai" became the name of the market.
The Qing Dynasty Guangxu’s "Nanhui County Chronicles" recorded: "Beicai Town originally had two Cais in the north and south, such as the Qianyun in the north and south of Huating..."
The northern and southern two Cais, which are often called "South Cai" and "North Cai", are bounded by Bailianjing. The distinguished family surnamed Cai and Chongqing Sect were on the side of "North Cai", so "North Cai" had a reputation as "Nan Cai", and people would not distinguish each other over time, and "Nan Cai" was tolerated by "North Cai".
Dahua Match Company was founded in Liuliqiao
▲ "One bridge in six miles, one temple in ten zhang (ze)", this is a popular saying. Located in the east and west of Puxi, the Liuli Bridge spans Bailianjing. According to legend, it is called Liuli Bridge because it is 6 li from the South Gate of Puxi. After the Liuli Bridge was built in the middle of the Ming Dynasty, it was rebuilt or rebuilt during the Wanli, Qing Qianlong, Jiaqing, Tongzhi reigns and 1922. Liuliji Town, and the administrative areas of Liuli Commune, Liuli Township, and Liuli Town are all named after Liuli Bridge. In the fifth year of Tongzhi in the Qing Dynasty (1866), Liuliji Town established the Changchuntang Traditional Chinese Medicine Store. In the thirty-third year of Guangxu in the Qing Dynasty (1907), Pudong native Yang Sisheng founded Pudong Middle School in the south of Liuliqiao. This was the first middle school in Pudong and Huang Yanpei was the first principal. In 1929, Dahua Match Company (National Industry) was founded in Liuliqiao.
▲Houtan is located on the west side of Longhuazui on the east bank of the Huangpu River. The land is not big, but the reputation is great. The Lujia beak on the east bank of the Huangpu River is shaped like a bird's beak, and the back beach is the bird's toe. In 1939, colleagues from the village used more than 10 boats to ferry passengers from Cao’s house in Pudong to Rihui Port in Puxi. Later, after obtaining a license, named the Risao Line, used a barge to carry passengers and ferryed by hand.
After 1949, the contractor of the route rented a new ferry, and later the "Maozhong" ferry, and in 1953, the "pull back" ferry was installed to maintain the ferry service of the route. That year, due to the shallowness of the Rihui Port, the ferry was moved to Kanglu Line (Kangjiazhai-Luban Road) after a loan from Zhanghua Wool Spinning Factory. Later, due to the needs of the reconstruction and expansion of the third plant of Shanghai Iron and Steel, the Kangjiazhai ferry was moved to Yaohua Road, and the route was named Yaolu Line (Yaohua Road-Luban Road). On February 1, 1956, the private ferry company merged into Shanghai Ferry Company by way of capital investment. In 1976, in order to reduce the peak pressure on the Zhoujiang line, the company built a new ferry station in Houtan, and the Yaolu line was renamed Houlu line. It was renamed the Hou (Tan) River (Bian Wharf) Line in 2003. At the end of 2004, the relocation of the Pudong section of the World Expo was officially launched. The service was officially suspended on August 1, 2005 (Houtan Ferry Station is located in the Houtan Group of Tangzijing Natural Village at the bottom of Yaohua Branch Road).
Source: Shangguan News, Dongfang.com, Pudong Times